CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008



I think that the symbol in the book The Secret Life of Bees is the bees in Lily's bedroom. In the story bees are described to have a "secret life". In Lily's room there are a lot of bees, however they are mostly unseen. In the book, it states: "There's a swarm of bees in my room! But when we got there, they'd vanished back into the wall like they knew he was coming." P4 The secret life of the bees represent the secret life of Lily. She lives in the secret of her mother's past and she's always searching for a mother that will love her. Mom to Lily is like the queen bee to the worker bees, she is the "unifying force of the community".P1 Without a queen, bees will show a sign of "queenlessness". In the book, lily's life is also messed up from the death of her mom.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I read this book too!!! It was really good. And I agree with what you think the symbol is. The book had agood ending but I won't spoil it for you. ( Hope you like it)

Tomato-chan said...

I've always wanted to read this book! A lot of people tell me that it's good and even Ms. Bruno recommended it to me.
Tell me how it is!
-Shirley

Elizabeth said...

Ohh. You explained evertything so well!

I've heard of that book before, but I didnt want to read it because I kind of judged the book by its title. I saw the name of the book, and I was like "How interesting can bees get? pshtt."

BUT now I see, that its all a symbol (right?) When you're done, tell me how it is!

me_luvs_chocolate said...

Hey Zhao!!!!!! I loved "The Secret Life of Bees" You are going to fall in love with it.. I assure you! This was a great read for me and it will be for you too. I know the beginning is kind of weird but it is going to be a thousand times better!
Love Stephanie♥♥<----<3