CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008


The book The Bell Jar is about a girl name Esther Greenwood. She won a fashion magazine contest and live in New York for that summer...


Here's a character profile for the characters i know so far:

Esther: A really smart student and also the main character of the book. She doesn't have any confidence in herself. ( I felt very still and very empty, the way the eye of a tornado must feel. p3)

Betsy: She also won the fashion magazine contest. She's always cheerful and happy.
It is described that she is a "bouncing blond ponytail and Sweetheart-of-Sigma-Chi smile."

Jay Cee: Ester's boss and editor pf the Ladies' Day magazine. ( Jay Cee had brains, so her plug-ugly looks didn't seem to matter. p6)

Constantin: Interpreter at the United Nation. The gay that Esther likes.

Doreen: Also one of the interns at Ladies Day. Esther's good friend in New York. She is funny and outgoing.

Frankie: Some random person Esther met in the bar.

Mrs. Greenwood: Esther's mother.

Buddy Willard: A Yale medical student. He is two years older than Esther and wish that Esther would marry him. He is smart, athletic and good-looking.

6 comments:

me_luvs_chocolate said...

thank you thank you zhao i think i know what to do now for my blog!! ♥♥

me_luvs_chocolate said...

thank you thank you zhao now i know what to do for my blog!~♥♥

zoeRose said...

hey! I like your background... did I ever tell you that? and the fridge too! can't forget about that!

Elizabeth said...

♥ hey zhao ♥
I remember seeing the book "Bell Jar" on the list, but I decided not to read it beause it said it was "semi-autobiographical," and I normally don't like those types of books, unless they are REALLY good. So yeahh....I read your blog post and all, but what exactly is it about? I'm still confused about that >.<

Ohh. About your comment on my blog, "Go Ask Alice" was an okay book, at least to me it was. Everyone else I've asked about what they thought of the book, said that they loved it. I made a new post about what I thought about it, if you want to read it =]

CAROL said...

I remember seeing this book on the list but I hought it was boring. Now that you mention it I think it sounds interesting. Who doeesn't want to read a book about a girl that won a fashion contest. If you find this book intersting maybe you should read Prep. It seems to share similar themes like not being confident about yourself, lonely at times and being a teen.

me_luvs_chocolate said...

Hi Zhao! This is Stephanie♥♥ I really like your blog! It's very pretty! We have the same background!! Why is that?! My french blog has the same background as your english blog! That's funny...
Anyways, I didn't want to read the "Bell Jar" because I thought it would be a very boring book. After seeing your blog, I might read it. The book seems very interesting and I look forward to seeing your new posts!

♥♥Love Stephanie<3---<<