CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008



I finally Finsh the book "The Bell Jar"!!!! The book was soo good and i love it!!!!
At the end of the book, Esther no longer want to suicide and had more hope toward her life. When she was at the funeral service for Joan; one of her best friend, who is also mentally ill, she heard herself saying in her mind " I am I am I am". Last time she heard this in her mind, she was wanting to commit suicide and use it as a way to protest against her life. Now i really think that it means the opposite. She is saying it in a more positive way and she is willing to live. In the book, Esther said that Joan is just a reflection of herself. so maybe, Joan's death also represent the death of Easter's suicide thoughts. What happened in this chapter, reminds me how that the author of this book actually suicide. I think this book is like the author's hope that her life will get better and it's her way to encourage herself to make the best out of her life...

0 comments: